Would you like to be a part of a world where vehicles cause zero fatalities, produce low emissions and where mobility is seen as quality time? With your contribution we could be again one step closer to achieving our vision.
Elektrobit (EB) is an award-winning and visionary global supplier of embedded and connected software products and services for the automotive industry. A leader in automotive software with over 30 years serving the industry, EB‘s software powers over 1 billion devices in more than 100 million vehicles and offers flexible, innovative solutions for connected car infrastructure, human machine interface (HMI) technologies, navigation, driver assistance, electronic control units (ECUs), and software engineering services. EB is a wholly owned subsidiary of Continental.
EB Automotive Finland is established five years ago, and today we have well over 250 software professionals working with us. We are growing steadily and have now openings for Software Developer developing Electronic Horizon in our appreciated technology site located in Oulu Technology Village.
Why come to work with us?
We are looking for several software developers to join our EB robinos Predictor product development team in Oulu. If the summary below sounds interesting to you, please click "apply" and leave your cv or LinkedIn profile address!
- EB robinos Predictor Product Development team is looking for new talented C++ developers in order to be able to answer the increasing focus and customer demand in the area of Electronic Horizon related opportunities. The team is completely located in Oulu and it is solely responsible for the product development of EB robinos Predictor product suite. The daily work is carried out locally, but online meetings with various stakeholders outside Oulu are typical on weekly basis. Both project management and line management are handled in Oulu.
- In brief, EB robinos Predictor is a software product solution leveraging on ADASIS protocol. It provides a comprehensive Electronic Horizon model of HD road network and attribute data (detailed geometries, slopes, curves, speed limits, etc.) ahead of the vehicle, allowing ADAS applications – for example Curve speed Warning and Adaptive Cruise Control to name a few – to access and utilize environmental information not available via traditional short-range sensors. Along with the latest ADASIS protocol version, the focus is shifting heavily towards better supporting the needs of autonomous driving scenarios, leveraging on more precise HD online map data, more dynamic horizon contents and vastly improved level in the horizon data details, amount and resolution.
- The practical tasks for the new team members would mainly consist of new SW feature development, improvements, error correction and quality upgrades for the product. The daily work is carried out according to Agile SW development principles and according to product assignment provided by EB Product Management. There are also options for tailoring the role and adjusting the technical focus based on interests and competencies of the applicant.
- The candidate should be open, cooperative, willing to learn new things and share own knowledge. The team is quite tightly built and the atmosphere within the team is really open, so the position is not really suitable for persons seeking to work as individual contributors but rather for solid team players. Most of the team members are Finnish, so lot of informal discussion is in Finnish, but English is naturally the official working language. Fluent written & spoken English skills are required.
What we expect from you?
- Familiar and experienced with most of the following: with C++, (Preferably modern C++11/14) Ansi C, Python, CMake, Git, Github, Jenkins
- Comfortable with developing both in Windows and Linux environments. More extensive experience from Linux (Ubuntu/Raspbian) seen as a plus.
- Understanding of SW quality aspects, metrics and measurements. Not limited only to functional aspects, abut also to things like stability and performance.
- Good written and spoken English and courage to use it with your colleagues and stakeholders globally
- Ideally 3+ years of practical professional SW development experience
Following points are considered as advantages:
- Previous knowledge about Safety/ASIL, Electronic Horizon concepts, ADAS Features, ADASIS protocol, navigation systems, vehicle positioning or digital map data.
- Interest in process improvement and management – there are opportunities for focusing/specializing in these aspects within the team
Please send your application in English at your earliest convenience.
For more information, you may contact:
Vili Lang / email@example.com
/ +358 40 8033 869
Learn more about your developmental possibilities and EB’s company culture at https://elektrobit.com/careers.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!