Software Engineer embedded Linux
Farmington Hills, Michigan
We are currently looking for a Software Engineer (embedded Linux) who will work as part of a global team to design and develop embedded software for electronic control units and support customers. For this position, a combination of creativity, problem solving, software development, and customer interaction skills are required. Occasional travel will be required.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the US without Elektrobit visa sponsorship.
- Work with our customers on design and implementation of next-gen high performance controllers based on EB products
- Service oriented architectures
- Hypervisor concepts
- Integrate additional Elektrobit and 3rd party software into a complex solution
- Integrate BSPs and get new targets up and running
- Customize target builds according to project requirements
- Embedded software engineering
- Create (demo) applications for new target platforms
- First level of support for EB's customers in the America
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent degree
- Experience with embedded Linux (e.g. Yocto project) or other POSIX compatible operating systems
- Good C and C++ programming skills and knowledge
- Assembler or Java skills are a plus
- Good source level debugging skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Good knowledge in embedded software development environments and tools including IDE, editors, compilers, linkers, emulators, debuggers, analysis and monitoring tools
- Good knowledge of ARM based microcontrollers
- Automotive experience is a plus (e.g. experience with realtime operating systems, in-vehicle communication)
- Excellent listening and communications skills – written and verbal
- Ability to work independently and in small teams
Click on Apply Now! button below to submit your application for this opportunity.
Learn more about developmental possibilities at EB and our exceptional company culture here
We look forward to receiving your application!
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Elektrobit offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Elektrobit complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply.
Elektrobit also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to email@example.com or contact our US Recruiting team for our Bothell, WA and San Jose, CA locations at +1.425.686.3100, and our Farmington Hills, MI location at +1.248.994.0684.