For future mobility concepts and in-car user experience, software is set to play an even more decisive role. Elektrobit (EB) is a visionary global supplier of embedded and connected software products and services for the automotive industry with more than 3400 employees worldwide. For over 30 years now, we have been developing pioneering technologies for automated driving, new vehicle infrastructures, connected cars, and user experience. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of Continental AG.
At EB we are working toward a world in which mobility causes zero fatalities, produces low emissions, and transforms your commute into quality time. In our collaboration with our customers, including Audi, BMW, Daimler, Ford, GM, Volkswagen Group, Volvo, and many more, we live and breathe our passion for automotive software and for the mobility of tomorrow.
The EB robinos Predictor Product Development team is looking for a talented software C++ developer to join their ranks in our highly valued technology site in Oulu Technology Village. Join our team shaping the future of automotive software!
The project and your role
EB robinos Predictor is a software product solution leveraging on ADASIS protocol. It provides a comprehensive Electronic Horizon model of HD road network and attribute data (detailed geometries, slopes, curves, speed limits, etc.) ahead of the vehicle, allowing ADAS applications – for example, Curve Speed Warning and Adaptive Cruise Control to name a few – to access and utilize environmental information not available via traditional short-range sensors. Along with the latest ADASIS protocol version, the focus is shifting heavily towards better supporting the needs of autonomous driving scenarios, leveraging on more precise HD online map data, more dynamic horizon contents, and vastly improved level in the horizon data details, amount, and resolution.
As an important part of our team in Oulu, your tasks will include:
- New software feature development, improvements, maintenance, error correction, and quality upgrades for the product.
- The daily work is carried out according to Agile software development principles.
- We can tailor the role and adjust the technical focus based on your interests and skills.
What do we expect from you?
Are you cooperative, willing to learn, and happy to share your knowledge with your colleagues? Do you consider yourself a solid team player for whom a tightly built team and open communication is important? If yes, then you fit in well with the team! We work in an international environment, so we appreciate good written and spoken English and courage to use it with your colleagues and stakeholders globally.
What else do we expect from you?
- You are familiar and experienced with most of the following: with C++, (preferably modern C++11/14) Ansi C, Python, CMake, Git, Github, Jenkins
- You feel comfortable with developing both in Windows and Linux environments. More extensive experience from Linux (Ubuntu/Raspbian) is seen as a plus.
- We hope you have practical professional experience in software development and understanding of software quality aspects, metrics, and measurements. Not limited only to functional aspects, but also to things like stability and performance.
What do we offer?
EB Finland was established six years ago, and today we have around 250 software professionals working with us. We are proud of our strong EB spirit, which creates exceptional conditions to provide our customers the best possible solutions. Our culture has given us the opportunity to win the desired "Achiever" and "Growth Company" certificates, which only 6% of Finnish companies can achieve.
We believe that the best professionals and fresh talents enjoy being part of a culture where continuous improvement and learning are an important part of our daily work. We work together as one team according to our company values: trust, for one another, excellence with agility, freedom to act, and passion to win.
We also offer you:
- A job where you can make the world safer, greener, and more fun for yourself and others
- Versatile projects with the latest and most modern components of the embedded world
- Cooperation with leading companies in the automotive industry
- Flexible working hours
- Support for your professional growth and development
- In-house training academy
- Relaxed, fun, and professional working atmosphere with open communication culture
- Many benefits like sport and culture vouchers, lots of recreational activities, comprehensive health care including annual dental checks.
Would you like to leave your fingerprints to the vehicles of the future? Please apply by sending your application on our website at your earliest convenience. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
For more information, please contact team manager Vili Lang firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about your development possibilities and EB’s company culture at https://elektrobit.com/careers.