Open Source Manager (m/f/d)
Böblingen, Braunschweig, Erlangen or München
We are looking for support in our Open Source Governance (OSG) process. You are going to handle a wide amount of tasks regarding Open Source Software (OSS) usage different projects and products.
- You will create and maintain project specific Open Source Governance (OSG) documents as required by QMS like Open Source Policy, Open Source License Policy, etc.
- You will gather information about known OSS components from development team and document relevant data (licenses, copyrights, obligations, ...)
- You will analyze project and product code base with regard to used Open Source Software (OSS) including both full components and code snippets
- You will request approval for used OSS parts from EB’s Open Source Review Board (OSRB)
- You will participate in customer meetings related to OSS topics
- You will request acceptance from customers for dedicated OSS licenses
- You will generate product and customer specific disclosure documentation like Bill Of Materials (BOM), list of licenses, list of copyrights, etc.
- You have some years of experience in software engineering (Senior Engineer or Expert)
- You have good knowledge about development processes and quality management
- You have ideally already been in touch with OSS (e.g. by using, contributing or analyzing)
- You know how to read, understand and interpret the specifics about legal documents (laws, contracts, license texts); but you also know when to ask a legal counsel for support...
- Optional: you have basic experience with Software Component Analysis (SCA) tools
- You have excellent analytical abilities
- Your work in an independent and self-confident manner
- Your English is fluent
- You have good communication and intercultural skills
- You also know how to resolve a conflict
Please contact us at +49 9131 7701 7060 – we are happy to answer your questions. You may also directly apply for this interesting position on our job portal.
Learn more about your developmental possibilities and EB’s exceptional company culture here
We look forward to receiving your application!