Line Manager (People Manager)
We are currently looking for a The Line Manager “People Manager” will lead a team of existing engineers who are working on projects for automotive applications. We are looking for a manager with strong communication and leadership skills who can provide day-to-day support to the engineering team, interface with EB Project Managers, and other EB team leaders to provide the resourcing needs to support our development activities.
- Grow and lead a world-class automotive software development team of 20+ people by recruiting, hiring, managing, and supporting employee training and career development; monitor resource loading and resource allocations; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Work with Project Managers to review project milestones and required technical skill sets to create resource plans and load balance the engineering team across several projects running concurrently.
- Continuously improve and support software engineering processes and best practices to ensure software quality and maturity requirements are fulfilled; monitor software processes to ensure these are being followed by the engineering team
- Provide weekly reporting of current and future resource loading and resource utilization
- Provide employee management by communicating assignment expectations; yearly employee goal setting and performance reviews; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees
- Work closely with other EB subsidiaries and sites (e.g. in Germany and Farmington Hills, MI) to allow for effective distributed development and learning opportunities
- In collaboration with HR Team create & maintain training & education plan as well as define orientation plan for new employees.
- The ability to manage over 20+ people supporting the resourcing needs of multiple projects
- BSCS/MSCS or equivalent with 5+ years of experience
- 5+ years working in increasingly responsible technical leadership roles
- 2+ previous experience as a software development manager
- Experience working with globally distributed teams
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
Additional Skills (nice to have):
- Prior experience being an individual contributor in a software development engineering position (prior experience developing software applications with C++, Java or C# is a plus!)
- Fluent in a second language both written and verbal
- Human Resource knowledge and background
Click on Apply Now! button below to submit your application for this opportunity.
Learn more about developmental possibilities at EB and our exceptional company culture here
We look forward to receiving your application!
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Elektrobit offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Elektrobit complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply.
Elektrobit also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to email@example.com or contact our US Recruiting team for our Bothell, WA and San Jose, CA locations at +1.425.686.3100, and our Farmington Hills, MI location at +1.248.994.0684.