IT Application Architect (m/f/d)
For this role, we are looking for an IT Architect to join our team to help us transform EB through the impact on EB Applications and processes. This is a great opportunity for someone from a relevant background to join a progressive organization and help build out next-generation software. You thrive on being in the critical path supporting hundreds of developers working across interesting projects in the automotive industry, as well as intimately understand the values of responsiveness, thoroughness and teamwork.
In this role you will:
- Build and support the long-term strategic roadmap for all IT Applications architecture to enable the ongoing maturity of software development, web, mobile and cloud technologies, data analytics and business intelligence
- Ensure EB Applications do support complex software deployment across multiple projects at a high level of scale and stability.
- Research industry trends and innovations to identify opportunities to enhance existing Application architecture
- Drive enterprise-wide IT Applications strategy implementation based on leading-edge industry standards, best practices and comprehensive understanding of business operations.
- Assist in defining the EB Applications roadmap, strategy and solution
- Responsible for design and implementation of integration strategy across EB applications architecture
- Leads governance processes of new applications and solutions to ensure consistent Application life cycle management
- Communicate risks, issues, challenges and status/progress across all stages of the Application life cycle management
- Serve as Application architecture subject matter expert to EB operations, project teams and vendors to apply and execute appropriate use of technology solutions and lead efforts to examine technology vision, opportunities and challenges
- Liaise with Quality team and EB process groups in the evaluation, selection and implementation of technology solutions
- Review and test existing Applications and software components and make recommendations for continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Aligns Application architecture with EB’s business goals and objectives
- Benchmark Application' performance, identify improvement areas and innovate to provide solutions that increase reliability and performance of EB Applications
- Several years of work experience as an IT (Applications) Architect
- Experience in optimizing end-to-end, integrated business processes, applications, and technology
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in an IT related field
- Sound knowledge of version source control software (Git, SVN, etc)
- Extensive technical expertise (overarching understanding of architecture, object-oriented programming languages, database design and systems, component technologies, XML standards, REST web services and current technology trends)
- Experience and understanding of a variety of operating systems (Windows, Linux) and development of multi/cross-platform applications
- Experience in evaluating applications technologies, and process to best fit with existing practices
- Experience in requirement and configuration management
- Insight into quality and risk management processes
- Expert consulting, negotiating, communicating, consensus building, presentation and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn from mistakes and apply constructive feedback to improve performance
- Expert innovator with ability to think beyond established standards and processes.
- Demonstrated decision-making skills related to implementing IT Applications architecture and design
- Outstanding analytical and conceptual skills
Please contact us at +49 9131 7701 7060 – we are happy to answer your questions. You may also directly apply for this interesting position on our job portal.
Learn more about your developmental possibilities and EB’s exceptional company culture here
We look forward to receiving your application!