Field Application Engineer
San Jose, California
We are currently looking for a AUTOSAR Field Application Engineer who will work as part of a global team to support EB’s North American customers on- and off-site with the design and development of embedded software for electronic control units. Travelling is required both for customer support as well as for training purposes and it is expected that the person in this position will spend most of their time at or with the customer. For this position, a combination of creativity, problem solving, embedded software development, and customer interaction skills are required. Programming language is C.
- Customer support
- First level of support for EB's customers in the Americas
- Analyze customer bug reports and delegate within EB
- Assist customer in resolving configuration errors
- Integrate 3rd party AUTOSAR or legacy modules with EB tresos AutoCore
- Configure BSW (Basic Software) according to customer requirements
- Gather and analyze requirements
- Create demo applications for new target platforms
- Consulting in AUTOSAR matters
- Create system designs
- Advise on Functional Safety Architecture
- Conduct AUTOSAR trainings and workshops
- Technical Sales support
- Assist EB's sales team with technical expertise and product demos
- Identify customer needs which can be resolved with EB's products and services
- Experience with AUTOSAR or equivalent embedded operating system is required
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent degree
- Strong C programming skills
- Strong source/Assembly level debugging skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong knowledge in Real time Operating Systems
- Strong knowledge in embedded software development environments and tools including IDE, editors, compilers, linkers, emulators, debuggers, analysis and monitoring tools
- Strong knowledge of 32-bit microcontrollers (e.g. NXP, Infineon, Freescale, Renesas etc.)
- Excellent listening and communications skills – written and verbal
- Ability to work independently and remotely with the customer
- Travel is required
Additional Skills (nice to have):
- Hands-on experience with OEM/Tier1 infrastructure software (basic software)
- Experience with Embedded Ethernet, CAN, Instrumentation, Diagnostics, Bootloaders
Click on Apply Now! button below to submit your application for this opportunity.
Learn more about developmental possibilities at EB and our exceptional company culture here
We look forward to receiving your application!
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Elektrobit offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Elektrobit complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply.
Elektrobit also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our US Recruiting team for our Bothell, WA and San Jose, CA locations at +1.425.686.3100, and our Farmington Hills, MI location at +1.248.994.0684.